Tuesday, April 17, 2012

True Blue

Inspired by another blog, I thought a post focusing on shades of blue, one of my many favorite colors, was a nifty one:). So without further ado (not that there was much ado to begin with:p).






I simply love the stripes!


I would love to go back in time & snatch, er borrow her lacy blue dress.


Not as blue-centric as some, but the bodice details are so flattering.


This is the kind of dress that is created in dreams, mine at least, of Victorian balls & coming out parties.



This gown by Worth is called a fancy dress. Isn't it simply luscious?



The is sideview is just as wonderful with a full bustle poof.



I am not as crazy about this shade of blue/grey, but I do so love the style.



A delicious shade of blue & such a lovely pattern for a sweater, simple, yet elegant.



When I found this image, I wasn't sure if I liked it & the jury is still out.


I love the fact that this dress is pretty & practical. I think it would be a wonderful style for a picnic.


Any one who has seen Downton Abbey, has probably seen Sybil's Turkish inspired trousers ensemble. Normally I do not like trousers, but hers are in such alluring shades of blue & the peacock portion of the bodice (which happens to be part of an original dress) is growing on me.



Finally, this pattern would be a wonderful dress for working at home if done in a simple, sturdy fabric. But it would also be stunning as a going to church dress when made from silk & adding a lace collar.

You might have noticed that I stopped at the 1910s. I had too many images for the entire post, so I will be posting the second half of this within the next few days, I hope. I pray that you find these images inspirational & perhaps they will spark a desire for a new frock.

God bless,
Sarah Grace

1 comment:

  1. You've won 2nd Place in The Period Drama Trivia Challenge! http://elegance-of-fashion.blogspot.com/2012/10/period-drama-trivia-challenge-answers.html

    ReplyDelete